6th May 2017
Sexually Speaking CPD Workshop
This is a one-day CPD event aimed at therapists and health professionals who want to feel more confident about discussing sexual problems with either individuals or couples. Karen will explore the key differences when working with couples as opposed to individuals and give an overview of the common presenting problems.
Sexually Speaking aims to enable participants to introduce the subject and give permission to clients to explore sexual problems. Karen will also provide a brief introduction to understanding sexually compulsive behaviours and porn addiction.
At the end of the event delegates will feel more confident to work with a sexual focus and be able to assess when referral to a psychosexual therapist, or to a specialist sex addiction service would be advisable.
Aims and Objectives of the Day:
• Intimate Strangers - Exploring the myths and reality of distance in the intimate couple relationship and what can be done.
• Together/Apart - What can be worked on in isolation and when does the couple need to come together for treatment?
• "Speaking of Sex..." - Appropriate language and terminology What's really going on?
• Common Presenting Problems and causes, and an introduction to Psychosexual Therapy
• The Sexual Template - How our own beliefs and attitudes to sex can impact on the work we do
• How to assess for a referral to psychosexual therapy programme
• Recognising sexual addiction -being alert to signs of this growing problem
• Feel more confident about discussing sexual problems with clients
• Understand how our own beliefs and attitudes to sex impact upon our work in the counselling room
• Use appropriate language and terminology when talking about sex with clients and feel confident to introduce the subject
• Be familiar with commonly presented sexual problems and understand the treatment options available
• Understand which sexual problems can be processed with an individual and which need the couple to be in therapy
• Know how to assess for a referral into a psychosexual therapy programme
• Recognise the signs of sexual addiction and compulsivity
• Recognise and dispel some of the common myths about sexual intimacy
Date: Saturday 6th May 2017
Time: 9.30am to 4.30pm (arrive 9.00 for coffee)
Venue: Banbury Counselling Academy, 2nd Floor - 18a South Bar, Banbury OX16 9AF
Fee: £95 which includes a healthy lunch and CPD certificate. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements. You can book using your card over the phone by ringing the Banbury Therapy Centre reception on 01295 231320, you can send a cheque with a booking form to BTT, 69 Oxford Road, Banbury OX16 9AJ, or you can book online by clicking HERE. This link will also give you more information about the workshop.
On receipt of your order we will send you further information and joining instructions.